This position is responsible for administrative, sales support for all team members of the Acute Care Division and Field Sales Team.
Administrative assistance, project implementation, account manager support functions for PBE’s acute care markets. Sales, and administrative activities for other acute care products and coverage for departmental duties are also required (20%)
• Account Development (acute care/footwear):
• Direct distributor and end-user contacts – Obtain and maintain business relationships via calls, e-mails, mailings, and faxes.
• Promotions: Proactively communicate and utilize promotions to increase sales and product awareness
• Coordinates promotions and mailings
• New Product Introductions: Communicate new product introductions via mailings, e-mail campaigns, electronic means, and calls to customers, reps and in-house personnel
• Maintain competitive product information regarding footwear product lines
• Account Maintenance: Become intimately knowledgeable about customer needs by understanding their business and partnering with them to help them achieve their objectives; analyze their buying habits and develop a strategy to increase business.
• Assist sales personnel/Marketing Manager with activities involving top distributors and indirect accounts. These activities include:
1. Communication in regard to pricing, terms, product information, packaging, etc.
2. Continue to update our products into the major distributors’ data system.
3. Coordinate pricing changes regarding acute care products. This includes working with the Administrative Manager in the processing of price adjustments, creating price lists, creating mailing lists, and coordinating mailings/announcements. Must update in-house personnel as well as reps regarding pricing and promotional/sales updates.
4. First Touch calls (indirect potential accounts)
• Assist Administrative Manager with GPO contracts, RFI, RFP, and contract implementation
• Assist Administrative Manager with sales/marketing projects
• Coordinate promotions and mailings
• Maintain acute care contracts, renewals (both externally and internally)
• Completes the contract review process (monthly) and uploads new contract information to distribution.
• GPO Standardization process per account.
• Responsible for trade show and conference set up. Includes registration, hotel arrangements, booth supplies, coordinating the exhibitor setup (arranging electrical, carpets, booth tables, etc.) with marketing.
• Develop an understanding of all acute care products and markets.
• Perform other duties as assigned, including assisting during coworker absences.
• Associates Degree in Business Administration, Communications, or a related field.
• Excellent teamwork, attention to detail, interpersonal/communication/phone skills, and problem-solving abilities.
• Self-starter and highly motivated.
• Must have strong computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point – QAD, CRM a plus.
• Must have knowledge of products, channel of distribution, customer base, and competition.
• Must have the ability to do multi-tasking, determine priorities and delegate tasks as needed.
• Demonstrates excellence in a sales/service environment
• Must have strong written and verbal communications skills and be detail oriented
• Strong attendance record