The purpose of this position is to provide day-to-day support to the Line Operator in all aspects of line operation and to act as Line Operator when needed. The Assistant Operator shares responsibility for achieving all production line metrics.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring a safe workplace
- Making daily job assignments for helper and crew.
- Leading the team to achieve line performance metrics.
- Interpreting orders to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Setting, or directing helpers to set stops, guides, speeds, pressures, etc. as indicated by the set-up and run procedures.
- Conducting complete changeover and line-out for each new run.
- Writing and submitting engineering/maintenance/machine modification requests.
When Filling-in for Line Operator
PBE Teamwork Commitments:
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills: