This role is responsible for and manages purchasing, materials requirements planning, supplier relationship management, among other things.
• Solicit Quotes and Source Raw/MRO Materials as assigned
• Advise associates as assigned in buying/planning activities.
• Utilize MRP to plan the procurement of materials for production and service requirements while monitoring and controlling inventory levels.
• Adjust inventory levels as appropriate, accounting for storage space, inventory dollars, strength of demand, risk of obsolescence, turn rate, and optimal freight expense.
• Submit purchase orders for raw materials, monitor the movement of product to receipt, and resolve supplier shipping or billing issues, communicating status to internal partners as needed.
• Manage overstock and obsolete products, coordinating disposition, returns and disposal.
• Optimize material costs through vendor analysis and identify and implement cost savings initiatives regarding product cost, order quantity, transportation, freight, and payment terms.
• Investigate, assess and recommend new/alternative sources of supply that provide maximum value by delivering quality goods on time and at a low cost.
• Prepare for, participate in, and/or lead supplier negotiations.
• Other tasks/projects as assigned
• Generate, review and adjust production line schedules as needed to support customer demand.
• Utilize various sources of input (trends, history, Sales and Marketing information) to maintain finished goods forecast.
• Release and Compile Work Order Packets
• Advise associates as assigned in scheduling activities.
• Miscellaneous Duties as assigned, including filing, and data entry
• Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain, distribution, logistics, materials management, or related field preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years directly related experience in production planning/scheduling, purchasing, or inventory management.
• Proficient in MS Office
• QAD knowledge a plus
• APICS certification (CSCP or CPIM), CPP or CPM certification preferred.
• Strong understanding of the procure-to-pay cycle including interdepartmental dependencies and knowledge of contract law.
• Ability to effectively negotiate.
• Experience and proficiency within MRP/ERP systems and MS-Office applications.
• Ability to organize and prioritize tasks, work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment, and ensure timely completion of responsibilities.
• Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
• Proficient written and verbal communication, team building, and interpersonal skills